The only thing better than chocolate has got to be 3 types of chocolate. At the same time. As in this recipe for Triple Chocolate in a Jar to be precise.
Triple Chocolate in a Jar is three types of chocolate prepared three ways. It is all kinds of delicious chocolate and I am serving it in in a jar. Because it is so good that you can take it to work with you! And the best part is that is a dream to make.
Bash some chocolate biscuits for one of the layers. Make a quick and easy cheesecake mix with cream cheese, dark chocolate and cream as another layer. The next step is to make a white chocolate mousse by whipping some cream and melted white chocolate together and use that the crowning chocolate layer. There is absolutely no fuss in getting this dessert ready.
The addition of the cacao nibs adds some texture and a slight bitterness to the crumbs that I think you need with all the richness of the other two layers. The nibs are not always readily available it seems and it is not a train smash if you do not add it to the biscuit crumbs. Some chopped nuts will work well too. I added a few raspberries as garnish and the tartness of the berries work so well with chocolate. For added pretty I sprinkled some chocolate flakes on top. To make the dessert a tad more festive I would add a layer of raspberries as well. Not only will it look great it will taste delicious too. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- 250g cream cheese
- 100g dark chocolate
- 60ml caster sugar
- 50ml cream
- Chocolate Mousse
- 80 g good-quality white chocolate
- 200ml cream
- Cookie layer
- 100g chocolate cookies, bashed to crumbs
- 20ml cocoa nibs
- To serve
- chocolate flakes
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature and soften with a spoon
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes
- Add the chocolate, sugar and cream to the cream cheese and mix well
- Spoon in the bottom of 4 jars
- Top the cheesecake with the cookie crumbs and sprinkle with a few cacao nibs
- Place in the fridge
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler, remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks and fold in the melted chocolate while the chocolate is still warm
- Mix well and spoon on top of the cookie layer in the jar and place back in the fridge to chill
- Place a few raspberries on top and sprinkle with some chocolate flakes when ready to serve
Here are a few more of my favourite chocolate recipes
This recipe first appeared in the Sunday Times Food Weekly