It’s the glorious days of late sunsets, unfussy outside dining and chilled crisp wines.
This salad is a bowl brimming with summer textures, flavours and colours. The fruit is not overly sweet and combines wonderfully with the crunchy earthiness of the beetroot and almonds and creamy salty feta. I kept the dressing quite acidic to balance with the sweetness of the fruit.
Serve the salad with a glass of fruity Flat Roof Manor Pinot Grigio as a perfect accompaniment to this light summer meal.
- 2 pears sliced in 12 – 16 slices, brushed with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 2 apples sliced in 12 – 16 slices, brushed with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 200g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 120g julienne beetroot
- 1 small papaya, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion -thinly sliced – plunged in ice water
- handful of raw almonds
- 1 disk feta crumbled
- 1tb honey
- 1tb apple cider vinegar
- 1tb olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Arrange the ingredients in a salad bowl. Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
* This recipe forms part of the Flat Roof Manor Food and Wine Pairing Series