This is a great marinade for chicken and this Spicy Sweet and Sour Chicken is super easy to make and very tasty. Mix it all in the morning before work and bake it in no time at all for a lovely dinner. Serve with some Asian greens and broccoli or marinade and baste the chicken on the barbecue. I think chicken wings would also be particularly good with this marinade.
I used a Spicy Mango Chutney from Dam Fine Cafe in Rawsonville and is available on the My Collections website. It has a good kick. You could use any fruit chutney of your choice. If you do not have a spicy one at hand add some finely chopped chili to taste. I do think the heat makes a tasty difference so if it is not your thing, remove the seeds before mixing in, just to add that bit of flavour to the dish.
The chicken is as tasty cold, so pack them for lunch or a picnic in the winelands with some salads and cold bottle of wine. You could easily also marinade some pork in this marinade. I think pork neck steaks for instance on the barbecue would very good.
This is another recipe that I developed for My Collections with products available on the site. My Collections is a treasure-trove of the best food, adventures and stories that the world has to offer. It’s the flavour of the unknown – an online wandering goods market of unique tastes, sensations and new adventures. Go have a look.
Yesterday saw our second Food Photography Workshop being held in Langebaan. We have been asked for another date as a few people could not make yesterday so have scheduled the 12th of July. Let me know as soon as you can if you want to join us as the spots are already limited.
- ½ cup Spicy Mango Chutney
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 chicken pieces
- Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces making sure they are well coated
- Place in a sealable container and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Place the chicken with the marinade in a roasting dish and roast for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked
- Spoon some of the liquid over the chicken after 20 minutes
- Serve immediately with some greens or pack them for the lunch box or picnic