After the Lemon Meringue post I have to do (some) repentance and I can’t think of anything healthier to get the New Year started than this smoothie. This makes for an easy on the go breakfast or light lunch to keep the calories in check as we try to even out December’s deliciousness.
They say almonds are “better” than peanuts so you could perhaps replace the peanut butter with almond butter but I think the peanut butter flavour works quite well with the banana.
Happy New Year everyone!
- 250ml water
- 125ml fat free plain yoghurt
- 1 fresh or frozen sliced banana
- a handful fresh or frozen berries
- 2 heaped tablespoons oat bran
- 2 heaped tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter (no sugar added)
- splash of vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a liquidiser and process until smooth and well mixed. For a colder smoothie add a few blocks of ice to the mixture before processing.
- Makes 2 cups